Sector 9 is a California-based company that specializes in the manufacturing of high-quality longboards and skateboards. The company was founded in 1993 by Steve Lake, Dave Klimkiewicz, Dennis Telfer, and Tal O'Farrell, and has since become one of the most respected brands in the industry. Sector 9's products are known for their durability, performance, and style, and have been ridden by some of the world's top athletes.
[Have you tried PSD Underwear?]
5 best Sector 9 longboards
1. The Sector 9 Maverick Stack is a high-quality, durable skateboard that's built to last. It features a strong maple deck with a smooth, durable finish that's perfect for shredding the streets or hitting the skate park. The Maverick also comes equipped with top-of-the-line components, including Sector 9's signature Gullwing trucks and premium bearings. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, the Maverick Stack is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality, durable skateboard that can take a beating.
2. The Sector 9 Strand Squall is a high-performance longboard designed for speed and agility. It's a great choice for experienced longboarders who want a board that can handle high speeds and tight turns. The Strand Squall is made with a lightweight carbon fiber deck that's reinforced with kevlar, making it incredibly durable. It has an asymmetrical design that makes it easier to carve and turn, and the concave deck provides good foot grip. The Strand Squall comes equipped with top-of-the-line components, including Sector 9 trucks and wheels. It's also available in a variety of colors, so you can find the perfect look for your longboard.
3. The Sector 9 Fault Line Curl is a high performance, topmount longboard designed for carving and cruising. It features a symmetrical design with a slight concave and a kicktail for added control. The Fault Line Curl also has wheel wells to prevent wheel bite and large, soft wheels for a smooth ride. It's the perfect board for those who want to enjoy the feeling of carving on concrete or asphalt without having to worry about speed wobbles.
4. The Sector 9 Striker Canopy is constructed with a seven-ply maple deck that is laminated with fiberglass. This gives the board superior strength and durability, while also keeping it lightweight. The deck is also equipped with a full-length grip tape that provides plenty of traction and control. When it comes to longboarding, the Sector 9 Striker Canopy is a top choice among riders. It's known for being extremely stable and durable, making it ideal for both beginners and experienced longboarders alike. The Striker Canopy also has a unique design that sets it apart from other longboards on the market.
5. The Sector 9 Jimmy Riha Pro Diver is made with a epoxy/fiberglass construction, which makes it lightweight and durable. It also has a concave deck, which gives you better control when riding. And with its 70mm wheels and Abec 5 bearings, this board is built for speed. So whether you're a beginner or an experienced longboarder, the Sector 9 Jimmy Riha Pro Diver is a great option for you. It's a versatile board that can handle any terrain, and it's built to last.
[Here are the best skateboard tools.]
Where is Sector 9 from?
Sector 9 is a longboard company based in California, USA. It was founded in 1993 by a group of skateboarders who wanted to make high-quality, durable boards that would stand up to the rigors of skating. Today, Sector 9 is one of the most respected brands in the industry, and their boards are ridden by some of the best skaters in the world.
Where are Sector 9 boards made?
Sector 9 skateboards are made in San Diego, California. The company was founded in 1993 by Steve Lake, Dave Klimkiewicz, Dennis Telfer, and Tal O'Farrell. Sector 9 is one of the most popular skateboard brands in the world and is known for their high-quality products and unique designs.
The majority of Sector 9's skateboards are made in their factory in San Diego. The company also has a small team of artisans who hand-make some of their more unique boards. These boards are typically made to order and can take up to six weeks to complete.
Sector 9 is constantly innovating and introducing new products. In recent years, they've expanded their line to include longboards, cruiser boards, and even electric skateboards. No matter what type of board you're looking for, Sector 9 is sure to have something that will suit your needs.
[A guide to snowboarding for beginners.]
Stoked Ride Shop Complete
- Why it's rad: Hand built in CA. Dragon BUILT Bearings are a premium bearing and the tool + wax are a rad bonus to round out this great deal.
- Buy at Stoked Buy at Amazon
Sector 9 FAQs
How long do Sector 9 longboards last?
Sector 9 boards are built to last. With proper care and maintenance, your board can last for years. However, like any piece of sporting equipment, there is no guarantee that your board will never break. If you do experience a problem with your board, the company's customer service team is here to help.
What are the different types of Sector 9 boards?
There are four main types of Sector 9 longboards: cruisers, carving boards, downhill boards, and freestyle boards. Cruisers are ideal for commuting and general riding around town. Carving boards are great for carving turns and getting an extra boost of speed. Downhill boards are designed for high-speed downhill racing. Freestyle boards are perfect for doing tricks and showing off your skateboarding skills.
What are the different sizes of Sector 9 longboards?
Sector 9 longboards come in a variety of sizes to suit different riders. The company offers four different cruiser board sizes, four carving board sizes, three downhill board sizes, and two freestyle board sizes.
What are the different shapes of Sector 9 skateboards?
Sector 9 boards come in a variety of shapes to suit different riding styles. The company offers four different cruiser board shapes, four carving board shapes, three downhill board shapes, and two freestyle board shapes.
How much do Sector 9 longboards cost?
Sector 9 longboards range in price from around $100 to $300. The price of your board will depend on the size, shape, and type of board you choose. You can also find discounts on Sector 9 longboards by shopping around online or at local skate shops.
What are the different colors of Sector 9 boards?
Sector 9 longboards come in a variety of colors to suit different rider's styles. The company offers four different cruiser board colors, four carving board colors, three downhill board colors, and two freestyle board colors.
What is the weight limit for Sector 9 longboards?
The weight limit for Sector 9 longboards is 250 pounds. Riders who weigh more than this may have difficulty riding the boards or may cause damage to the boards.
What are the different trucks on Sector 9 boards?
There are two main types of trucks on Sector 9 longboards: standard trucks and reverse kingpin trucks. Standard trucks are the most common type of truck and are great for general riding. Reverse kingpin trucks are designed for carving and downhill racing and provide better stability at high speeds.
What are the different wheels on Sector 9 longboards?
There are four main types of wheels on Sector 9 longboards: soft wheels, medium wheels, hard wheels, and off-road wheels. Soft wheels are great for cruising and general riding around town. Medium wheels are perfect for carving and getting an extra boost of speed. Hard wheels are designed for high-speed downhill racing. Off-road wheels can be used on any terrain but perform best on rough surfaces.
What are the different bearings on Sector 9 boards?
There are two main types of bearings on Sector 9 longboards: standard bearings and Abec 7 bearings. Standard bearings are great for general riding. Abec 7 bearings are designed for high-speed downhill racing and provide better stability at high speeds.
What are the different decks on Sector 9 longboards?
There are four main types of decks on Sector 9 longboards: cruiser decks, carving decks, downhill decks, and freestyle decks. Cruiser decks are ideal for commuting and general riding around town. Carving decks are great for carving turns and getting an extra boost of speed. Downhill decks are designed for high-speed downhill racing. Freestyle decks are perfect for doing tricks and showing off your skateboarding skills.
What is the warranty on Sector 9 boards?
Sector 9 longboards come with a one-year warranty. This warranty covers any manufacturing defects and does not cover normal wear and tear. Riders who experience problems with their boards should contact Sector 9 customer service for assistance.
[Everything to know about bouldering.]
How good are Sector 9 longboards?
There is no simple answer to the question of how good Sector 9 longboards are. The brand has a wide range of products, each with its own unique strengths and weaknesses. In general, however, Sector 9 longboards are considered to be high-quality boards that offer great value for the price. Riders who are looking for a well-made board that will perform well in a variety of conditions should definitely check out Sector 9.
What wood does Sector 9 use?
Sector 9 is committed to using only the highest quality wood for their skateboards. They source their wood from sustainably managed forests and use a variety of different species, depending on the specific characteristics required for each deck.
Some of the most common woods used by Sector 9 include maple, birch, and poplar. Maple is a very strong and durable wood that is often used for decks that need to withstand a lot of wear and tear. Birch is also a strong and durable wood, but it is lighter in weight than maple, making it a good choice for decks that need to be lightweight and easy to maneuver. Poplar is a softer wood that is often used for decks that are designed for street skating or other types of skating that don’t require as much strength and durability.
[Dave Mirra - one of our heroes.]
What is Sector 9's most popular model?
The most popular Sector 9 longboard is the Bamboo Series. These boards are made from bamboo and feature a variety of different designs. The Bamboo Series is perfect for those who are looking for a high-quality, durable board that will last them for years to come.
What is Sector 9's motto?
Sector 9's motto is "If you don't win the race, win the party!" The company is dedicated to providing high-quality longboards that help riders enjoy the experience of surfing on land. Sector 9 also offers a variety of other skateboarding products, including decks, trucks, wheels, and accessories.
Sector 9 offers a wide range of longboard models to suit every riding style, from beginner to expert. Whether you're looking for a board for cruising around town or hitting the hills, Sector 9 has a board that will fit your needs. The company's lineup includes everything from cruiser boards to downhill rigs, and each model is designed with a specific purpose in mind.
All of Sector 9's boards are made with high-quality materials and construction, so you can be sure that your board will last for years to come. The company's products are backed by a comprehensive warranty, so if anything does happen to go wrong, you're covered.
What are the benefits of Sector 9 boards?
There are many benefits to riding a Sector 9 board. Not only are they built to last, but they also provide an incredibly smooth ride. Additionally, Sector 9 boards are extremely versatile and can be used for a variety of different styles of skating. Whether you're looking for a board for cruising around town or shredding the skate park, a Sector 9 board is sure to meet your needs.
Another great benefit of Sector 9 boards is that they are very affordable. When compared to other brands on the market, Sector 9 boards offer excellent value for your money. So, if you're looking for a high-quality skateboard that won't break the bank, then a Sector 9 board is definitely worth considering.
[What do you know about low trucks?]
What is the difference between Sector 9 boards and other boards?
Sector 9 is one of the most popular skateboard brands out there. But what sets them apart from other brands?
For starters, Sector 9 focuses on quality over quantity. They produce fewer boards each year than other brands, but they make sure that each board is built to last. Their decks are made from tough 7-ply maple wood, and they use high-quality components for their trucks and wheels.
This attention to detail makes Sector 9 boards some of the most durable on the market. They can handle a lot of abuse and still perform like new. And if you do manage to break one, Sector 9 offers a lifetime warranty on all of their products.
Another thing that sets Sector 9 apart is their commitment to environmental responsibility. Their boards are made from sustainable materials, and they use eco-friendly manufacturing processes. They even offset their carbon emissions to help protect the planet.
So if you're looking for a high-quality skateboard that will last you for years, Sector 9 is a great option. And if you want to support an environmentally responsible company, Sector 9 is a great choice as well.
What is the cost of a Sector 9 board?
A Sector 9 board typically costs between $200 and $300. However, prices can vary depending on the specific model and where it is purchased. For example, some specialty retailers may charge more for a Sector 9 board than a standard retailer. Additionally, the cost of a Sector 9 board may be higher if it is purchased new rather than used. Ultimately, the price of a Sector 9 board will depend on several factors.
[How to ride a skateboard for the first time.]
Other Factors To Consider
Sector 9 has a ton of great longboard decks - they are not limited to the few we listed in this article. Here are some more popular models.
Fault Line Perch
Sector 9 has complete skateboards, as well as pintail models, cruiser skateboards, longboard completes, and drop through boards. They specialize in longboards, but really have something for everyone.