The Oust MOC 7 Speed Bearing is a high performance bearing for the causal to pro rider. MOC 7 offers the same level of advanced features found in bearings priced twice as high. One such feature is the Buna Non-Contact Seals which are set into a U-channel. These are similar to those found in bearings with Labyrinth shields.
Dual Rubber U-Channel Shields
The Oust MOC 7 Speed utilizes two removable Buna Non-Contact Rubber Seals set into a U-channel. These are similar to those found in bearings offering Labyrinth shields (at often twice the price). Dirt and other debris have to travel about three times as far before infecting the bearing. Additionally, the seal helps keep in what the bearing needs to roll at its best. Since the special channel works both ways, bearing lubricant also has to travel about three times as far to get out of the bearing. The protection both inside and outside the shields greatly extends the usable life.
Fully Removable Nylon Cage
With the Nylon ball cages, the MOC 7s are a completely rebuild-able bearing. Every part of the bearing is removable for cleaning and maintenance. When installed, the low friction cage keeps the bearings in position and spinning freely, even after thousands of hours of skateboarding abuse. As a rider, rest assured that everything from Oust is of top quality.
Differences in the Oust Bearing Line
We're commonly asked what are the differences between the four bearing types in the Oust line up. For your knowledge, please reference the information below to make sure you're getting the bearing that is perfect for you.
- Oust MOC 5 Street - Steel Shields, Steel Cage
- Oust MOC 5 Tech - Rubber Shields, Steel Cage
- Oust MOC 7 Speed - Rubber Shields, Nylon Cage, Buna Non-Contact Seal set into a U-channel (similar to Labyrinth shields)
- Oust MOC 9 Airrr - Rubber Shields, Nylon Cage, Added Precision in Construction, Buna Non-Contact Seal set into a U-channel (similar to Labyrinth shields)
- Axle Size (ID): 8mm
- ABEC Rating: Skate Rated
- Comes with Spacers: No
- Comes with Speed Rings: No
- Special Features: Utilizes two removable Buna Non-Contact Rubber Seals set into a U-channel, similar to those found in bearings offering Labyrinth shields