Every year, winter comes - so don't be left out in the cold. Instead, grab some gear from some of the best snowboard brands of all time.
Are you finally ready to shred? Go with one of these brands - you definitely won't regret it.
[Does skateboarding help with snowboarding?]
Frosty snowboarding products you'll love 🥶
- Why it's rad: Insane value, great for beginners. ❄️
- Buy at Amazon
Pooluly Ski Jacket
- Why it's rad: Very affordable, super warm, extremely durable. ☃️
- Buy at Amazon
OutdoorMaster Ski Goggles
- Why it's rad: Very inexpensive, indestructible, and they look super cool.🎿
- Buy at Amazon
30 best snowboard brands of all time
1. BurtonPerhaps the most well-known of all snowboard brands, Burton was founded all the way back in 1977. Bob Marley, Jeremy Jones, Shaun White - they've all had deals with Burton.
We highly recommend any Burton boards (or gear) to snowboarders of all ages. While it's not the most inexpensive stuff, it is of the highest quality.
2. K2You may know K2 from skis, but they transitioned to snowboarding fairly quickly. K2 also does lots of different styles of boards - perfect for kids, adults, women - it doesn't matter, there is truly something for everyone.
K2's gear and boards also just look great - which we love. But they are well-known for a reason - their gear is absolutely top-notch.
3. JonesJones rose to the top very quickly, and has made a large impact in the snowboarding community. Founder in 2010 by Jeremy Jones, they are known for their eco-friendly outlook, as well as great boards.
Jones also makes their products affordable, which we really like. If you care about the environment, this is another great choice.
Bataleon not only makes awesome snowboards, they also make fun skateboards and longboards. Their unique 3BT tech is a big step up, and it makes boarding even easier.
They've been around for more than 18 years, and their hand-crafted boards are very well-made. They make women's boards, men's boards, and kid's boards - and they all rule.
[See our list of the best beanies, if you want to look rad while you snowboard.]
5. ThirtytwoProfessionals like Chris Bradshaw, Chris Grenier, and Scott Stevens all have had deals with Thirtytwo - and for good reason. This brand uses their top riders to approve and test all of their own products - resulting in truly top of the line gear.
Whether you want awesome boots, or sleek outerwear - Thirtytwo has you covered. They're also owned by the same company that owns Etnies skate shoes, as a fun fact.
6. RideRide has some awesome designs and boards. They manufacture gear and boards for men, women, and children - so everyone is included.
We especially love their slick designs, and these boards always turn heads on the slopes. We recommend their Superpig design especially, but your own mileage may vary.
7. DCYou likely already know DC as a skate shoe brand, but they also make great snowboarding gear. Jackets, boots, snowboards themselves - they've got everything.
Just like their skate shoes, DC has awesome quality - so you can buy confidently. We particularly like Ryo Aizawa's snowboard vid for the brand, which can be found below.
8. ArborWay back in 1995, Arbor was founded, and they've been making high quality snow gear ever since. They are also eco-conscious, which we happen to like.
Arbor is know for their higher-end boards, and they also make high-quality skateboards. No matter what you're looking for, if you want a high quality snowboard or skateboard - they've got you covered.
9. NitroNitro boards come in many different shapes and sizes, but they are always well-designed, and usually quite affordable. No matter what level rider you are, you should be able to find something you like.
You can also choose from a huge variety of boards, from all-mountain to freestyle, and more. Below is an excellent video review of their Quiver Cannon board as well - be sure to check it out.
10. Lib TechLib Tech has an absolute ton of great boards, as well as great designs and graphics. While none of their boards are particularly inexpensive, they do offer great quality.
Riders like Chris Rasman, Austen Sweetin, and others have all ridden on Lib Tech boards. They also have very cool tech, like their original banana technology, and have introduced many interesting concepts that changed the world of snowboarding.
11. GNUGNU has some truly awesome boards. We especially love their GORP Split board, though it doesn't come cheap.
With boards that are hand-made in Washington state, they have also been in existence since 1977 - making them one of the oldest snowboard companies on the market today. If you want quality, GNU is an excellent option.
This Swiss company make awesome boards, as well as boots and bindings. While many of their boards aren't cheap, they are well worth the money.
Nidecker has actually been around for quite some time, in fact they existed before 1900 even. While snowboards weren't developed until quite later, this company has always been on the cutting edge.
[See some gnarly hoodies, to complete your snowboard ensemble.]
13. NOWThis cool brand has lots of bold designs, and we love all of their bindings. While not cheap, they offer very high quality products.
These bindings may cost an arm and a leg, but they will also last forever. Check out the below product video, to see exactly why.
14. CapitaMade with 100% clean energy, Capita makes a ton of great snowboards. They have eye-catching designs, and are made with great craftsmanship.
Created in 2000, Capita specializes in high quality boards - so these are not meant for beginners, necessarily. If you want a great board (that won't be cheap) - Capita is an excellent choice.
15. Never Summer IndustriesBased in Colorado, this company makes excellent boards, which use very high quality materials. They also have excellent customer service, which is a true rarity these days.
We particularly love their Ripper and Triple Camber boards - they're very high quality. If you really want a super high-quality board - look no further.
Well-known for very high quality snowboards, Salomon was founded in the French alps - and it shows. You won't be able to find a bad board here if you try.
We love their minimalist design, as well as the high-minded marketing. If you don't mind spending more, buying from this brand is the easiest way to get one of the best snowboards on earth.
[What is the cost of snowboarding?]
17. DragonWant truly awesome snow goggles? Look no further. Dragon goggles are not cheap, but they are definitely worth it.
We are particular fans of the X2S goggles, as well as the NFX2 goggles. While you can spend less - if you want quality, these are an excellent choice.
18. PatagoniaPatagonia has quickly become one of the most-recognizable brands in the clothing world. With a high-minded image, and very high-quality gear - they are a perfect brand for Gen Z.
Patagonia has also become famous in Silicon Valley - as their vests have become almost a uniform for the young entrepreneur. Be sure to check out this super rad winter film series from Patagonia though - we know you'll love it.
19. QuiksilverMostly known for their surf clothing, Quicksilver also makes great snowboard gear. Their snow jackets are particularly awesome.
These jackets are warm, but also very stylish. You can also grab one of their snow bib pants - they're super warm, and super fun.
20. O'NeillIf you're looking for some stylish snow gear - look no further. O'Neill has jackets, gloves - all kinds of winter time necessities.
Of course, they are best known for being a surf brand. But their winter gear is just as good - if not better.
21. 686686 makes lots of stylish clothing - but we particularly love their snowboard and winter gear. Smart, minimalist, and sleek - who could ask for anything more?
They aren't the cheapest brand in the world - but you definitely get high quality with the price tag. Highly recommended, especially if you love to look good.
22. The North Face
The North Face is very famous for their winter gear. No doubt you've seen the North Face jackets everywhere - we all have.
The North Face is never cheap, but the products they make are very high quality. If you want to stay warm on the slopes - look no further.
[Find out why snowboarding is good for you.]
Adidas is by far one of the most well-known names in sports. What most people don't realize, is that they also offer snowboarding boots, pants, and more.
As you might expect, their boots are top notch. We especially love their Samba boots - which mimic their classic soccer sneaker.
[See our complete list of the best snowboarders.]
24. VolcomVolcom is very well known in the skate and surf world - but they also make great snowboarding gear. They use their same trademark design - bright colors with excellent graphics - which truly makes their snowboard gear stand out.
They also have excellent goggles, which we ride with regularly. Overall, Volcom is another great choice, when it comes to good snowboard brands.
This kid's toy brand is a great way to get the little ones out on the mountain. Obviously these are not full size boards, but they do work for little kids - quite nicely in fact.
Little kids need to simply learn the basics - and this company makes that easy. If you're an expert boarder, bring your little one out on the mountain with you - and have them ride a board from Sledsterz.
[After this article, check out some of the best snowboard brands.]
26. SystemSystem makes super cool boards, which are both stylish and affordable. We like the MTN boards the best, but there are lots of great choices.
System also makes women's boards, so it's not just the guys who can enjoy a cool ride down the mountain. You can certainly spend more - but you don't need to, if you want a nice, mid-priced board.
27. SportsstuffIf you're looking for an entry level snowboard, this is a perfect choice. You won't find anything outrageously expensive by this brand, but you will find options that work.
If you have a teenager just looking to start out, this is a great way to do it. Highly recommended, if you're looking for just a bare bones beginner board.
28. Lucky Bums
If you have a young one who wants to get into snowboarding - Lucky Bums is a perfect choice. They offer very affordable boards and skis - all perfect for kiddos.
While this wouldn't be the brand to go to if you're an expert, this is a perfect choice for beginners. If you have a 5 or 6 year old who wants to board - this is the perfect brand to help get them started.
29. Emsco GroupThe Emsco group makes affordable gear of all types. They are not really made for experts, but beginner boarders will love their stuff.
Amazon seems to particularly love this brand, and we can't blame them. While you may want to spend more if you're an expert - these boards are perfect for beginners.
Zionor has lots of great goggles, and a ton of other gear as well. While not as well-known as some of the brands on this list, they are no less impressive.
We like that their goggles are inexpensive, which makes them available to truly anyone. If you need some high quality eye protection while on the slopes - look no further.
Other Factors To Consider
There are a million snowboard brands out there. Options like: Burton Snowboards, Capita Snowboards, Mervin Manufacturing, Arbor Snowboards, K2 Snowboards, Jones Snowboards, Ride Snowboards - and plenty of others - all make it easy to choose a high-quality board.
Snow sports are uniquely expensive, however, but in our experience snowboard manufacturers put a lot of quality into the better snowboard designs. You definitely don’t want to skimp when it comes to spending, no matter what your riding style is.
The snowboarding industry also cares about sustainability, so be sure to choose a board that’s good for the environment. Whether you want a board from Seattle or Vermont, there are a ton of great options out there.
Brands like GNU Snowboards, Nitro Snowboards, and Lib Tech Snowboards all offer high performance options - even for your first snowboard. You may care about edge technology, or you may just want to be able to freeride.
Some snowboarding celebs (like Jake Burton) are also very into non-profits - showing they really care about environmental initiatives. You may be more familar with surfboards, but making the transition to snowboarding is easy.
If this is the case, you likely want the very best snowboard bindings, and won’t want to skimp when it comes to price. The top snowboard brands will never use subpar parts, and many are actually made in the USA.
There is somewhat advanced tech, like magne-traction - but we’re not sure that all beginners will really care about things like that. Capita has a plant called The Mothership - which is all about clean energy, so there are lots of good manufacturers out there.
Brands like Roxy, as well as Burton (with a great store in Annecy), are not limited to just the USA - they are truly worldwide, with stores as far away as Austria. Brands like Backcountry always have great options, so never settle for a subpar snowboard.
The Bottom Line On The Best Snowboard Brands
There you have it - all the facts concerning the best snowboard brands. Whether you want something easy to ride on, or something very expensive - we’ve got you covered.
If you liked this article, be sure to check out some of our others. And don’t forget to keep shredding the gnar.